Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thumb Twiddling Tuesday

      It's Tuesday!
      I have yet to secure a job in Texas. Although, I've had several interviews and filled out about a billion applications. Still no job, even in spite of being called and offered a part-time job. Unfortunately, this coincided with an interview for a full-time position at a non-profit I absolutely adore! So I wait, twiddling my thumbs, for a call back about either one. Hopefully, the non-profit will call and make my day today. It's still early right?

     It's Newspaper Carrier Day!
     So, in the event that you still receive your paper in newsprint, say a little thank you to the unknown person in the van who selflessly awakes at the crack of dawn to drive for hours in the minimal light of day break, simply to throw your paper, just beyond your reach, in the bushes. Interesting fact about Newspaper Carrier Day: No one knows who created this day exactly, however, the Newspaper Association of America takes ownership and publishes the date in which carrier day is to be held each year.

     Happy Birthday!
     If today is your birthday, you share it with my Uncle Rick, Dr. Drew, and Beyonce. 

     Let the count down begin...
     There are 118 days left in 2012. Only 111 days left in the Christmas shopping season. 

xoxo,
  CLB

No comments:

Post a Comment