Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Project DIY

      Welcome to the Fall!

       This week the weather had been MUCH cooler and it got me in the mood for fall. I am usually in love with Spring, but I am excited for this fall much more than usual. I got into the storage unit and pulled out my fall decorations, including the halloween window clings, and dressed up the house. Then I got on Pinterest! And then I got crafty!


   I loved what I made so much that I decided to share it with you!



Here's what you'll need:
- a ruler
- scissors
- tape
- a pen or pencil
- exacto knife
- rubber cement or glue stick
- a couple of pages of thick cardstock
- a bunch of colors of scrapbook paper
- an eraser




Step One:
Go online and find some clip art of leaf shapes. I found my mine by 'binging' leaf clip art. I right-clicked on the one I liked an hit print. That way the leaves fit to the paper size. Here is the link: leaf cip art.

Step Two:
Cut out the shapes you want to use, carefully trimming close the the edges. This will make it easier to transfer the exact shape to your thick card stock. Once you have the shapes cut out, trace them onto the thick cardstock. Now, I used the paper that is inserted into the scrapbook page protectors because it was the thickest I had lying around. But you can use what ever you want. Because you are tracing around the shape multiple times, you'll need a cardstock with some weight so the shape doesn't alter as you use it. Okay, once your shape is traced on the cardstock, cut it out with your exacto knife. I suggest using an exacto knife because it cuts through the card stock without bending the edges like using scissors will.


Step Three:
Trace your leaves onto your scrapbook paper. I was cautious about where I placed the shape on the print of each paper but if that doesn't matter to you then trace away freely. Cut out your leaves.

Step Four:
Following the template below, make your wreath base of you heavy cardstock and cut out, using the exacto knife for the inner circle so you dont bend the outer ring.

Step Five:
Place the leaves around your ring/wreath base randomly. Try to mix up the colors! Once you are happy with the look, tape down the bottom layer of leaves. Place the leaves remaining leaves on top using a glue stick or rubber cement. Let dry.

Step Six:
Add details, like ribbons, wood letters, cardboard letters, etc., using rubber cement or glue stick. Let dry.

Step Seven:
Hang and enjoy!


What crafts do you enjoy doing in the fall? Have any ideas for me to do?

xoxo,

CLB


No comments:

Post a Comment