Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Custom Costume

A few weeks ago I began a project for a friend of mine. She asked me to make her a dress because she found that finding exactly what she wanted in stores was a little challenging. I accepted the project immediately when she asked and I am so excited about how far I have come. It is still a work in progress, but thats okay!




The design of the dress is a basic tent dress with 3/4 length sleeves. It has a sweetheart neckline, with a V-shaped placket. There will be either a ruffle or piping on the edge of the placket.












 I love the colors for this dress! It is perfect for fall, with a splash of warm and bright. The body of the dress is the maroon/plum, and I love it. The placket is the floral print, and it so chic. It is girly, but modern at the same time and completely perfect for my friend. 







Here is a view of some of the pattern work of the dress. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited!! The drawing of the dress looks adorable!!! You are going to make it so cute! I can't wait to wear it!! You are the best! :)

    ReplyDelete