Monday, August 1, 2011

Busy Bee

This weekend was crazy busy but probably one of the best weekends I've had!


Friday was the video shoot at work. We worked hard all day to get the samples ready for the shoot and held it that evening. It was so exciting! The models were great and looked awesome in the collection. Jeremy wrote the music for the video and it was great, I think everyone was dancing at one point!  I'll have pictures for you all to look at as soon as I get them off John's camera.. promise!  In the meantime, check out Elsie's blog for the sneak peak/behind the scenes look at the collection here. Mallory also has a little sneak peak on her blog too, check it out here if you'd like.

This weekend John came to visit me as well. He arrived Friday and stayed for the video shoot. It was so great to have him see what I have been working so hard on all summer. I felt accomplished and I can't wait for you all to see it too. He left on Monday which was so sad for me because I miss him terribly when he and I are apart. However, I have learned to cherish the time we spend together so much more now.

John and I also did some touristy things over the weekend. We went and visited Fantastic Caverns, Dickerson Park Zoo, and painted pottery at Firehouse Pottery.

The cave was awesome, and cool, which was nice because it was over 100 degrees outside. The tours are driven, which means you can ride through on a tram! And since walking in a cave isn't really "my thing" I enjoyed it a lot! Now, I will say for a college student, it was an expensive adventure. It was almost $50 for the both of us. But like I said, it was over 100 degrees outside and we were looking for something nice and cool. They do offer discounts for groups and children under 5 are FREE so it is a good idea for families and groups, incase you are wondering.




Look at that tongue!
We went to the Zoo in the middle of the day, and boy was it warm! But since the fair was in town, it wasn't super crowded, plus John printed off a coupon which gave us $1 off admission! You can find that coupon here: admission coupon. It may not seem like much, but it is worth it!   Oh yeah, and for $2, you can feed the giraffes, which is awesome!




John feeding a very hungry giraffe!

A word of advice for the zoo goer, go early when it is hot outside. They open up the indoor "houses" for the animals when it gets hot, and you may not see the animals if they go inside. We had pretty good luck this past weekend despite the heat, but some of the animals were pretty tired and motionless. And my favorite animal, the otter, was inside so I didn't get to see him play like I usually do. :(

I love to paint pottery. Absolutely looooove it!!! It is so much fun, and the girls over at Firehouse make it so easy to do. I provided the link to the website above, check it out. Plus, if you are on a budget, they always have a printable coupon their website (found here: 1/2 Off Paint Time Coup). John and I used it this weekend, and it saved us a bunch of money because we tend to take our time when painting. I'll post more about our firehouse trip later once the piece of fired and finished so you can see exactly why I love it so much!

So maybe I was a little busy bee this weekend, but I don't mind being busy when it is this much fun!

xoxo,
C.L.B

No comments:

Post a Comment