Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Senior Year

     It is hard, if not impossible, to sum up an entire year with one post. But guess who is crazy enough to attempt it!? THIS GIRL!

Our story begins last August...

     After completing my internship, and having a less then exciting end to said internship, school started up for me for the last time. Taking 18 hours, chairing a Relay For Life event, and teaching a class can really damper ones social life! But none the less, I was excited for my last fall semester! I had a wonderful roommate (who inspired me to be a better person), my boyfriend was back in town after a summer apart, and I was beginning the culmination of my fours years of fashion education: my senior collection. 

     Jump to mid semester and life was crazy hectic! I had taken a trip to Dallas, Texas with Relay for a summit, and was playing catch up in anticipation for another trip. This time to Chicago for career day. I was pulling leads for my news reporting and writing class, working on senior collection sketches, being tutored for a math class, assisting in another and all the while, trying to keep in touch with friends and family when I could spare a moment to relax. Of course, I made time when my St.Louis Cardinals made the playoffs, and then the World Series! Before I knew it, my "red October" was over and we were staring down at Thanksgiving break. 


And some break that was! 



     Upon returning from Chicago, my boyfriend was planning a "date day" to be had once we were back in St. Louis. Turned out that he was actually planning a proposal! Shocked and in awe, and near tears, I said yes! (I'm sure you all are thinking: that's it? But don't worry. I'll post the entire story at a later date) 

My Beautiful Ring!

      Returning to school as a fiancé was amazing and on a new high, I finished the semester with a bang! Well sort of, I passed with flying colors anyway! 


      Spring took off before I knew it and I was knee deep in fabric and Relay purple.  Relay consumed A LOT of time in the spring. A lot. We had meetings with our committee, team captains, and chairs almost every week. And we were such a close committee that each meeting lasted way longer than needed! I didn't mind too much though. And the weekend of our event, we were hustling and bustling to tie up loose ends and get everything just right. Of course none of that mattered when FOUR hours before the start of our event we were rained out of our outside location. We had to race inside and set up for Relay in a fourth of the time it usually takes... No worries guys, we are so amazing that we pulled it off and it ended up being a way better event! Our total... $60,000. Triple what we raised the last 3 years!


    I have to pause here an shout out to my amazing co-chairs, TRICIA, KATIE AND WHITNEY,  who made it possible for me to do both the things I loved this Spring, Relay and my senior collection. Without their help and understanding, I would of had to give up Relay and I am so thankful for them! Not to mention how AWESOME each of these ladies are! We pushed each other so hard to raise $1000 each. And we did it!! 

    


      Anywho, the semester was blowing by like the wind and I was caught up in the storm of life. My senior collection was kicking my ass. An undertaking that I look back at and realize just how big and overachieving it all really was. Between fittings, and fabric samples, and missed deadlines that I had made for myself, I was in tears with all the stress. Not to mention the lack of clean laundry and a house that looked like a construction zone. I have no idea how anyone put up with me! Especially my roommate, who had to live amount the mess and chaos! 


I finally made it to Fashion Show weekend with a collection I will be proud of all my life!
My Collection and WONDERFUL models!
Thanks Tricia, Nikki, Lexi, Anna and Shannon!

     It seemed like once my collection was finished, so was school. Before I knew it, I was getting ready for graduation!  Graduation is such a feat and I have to admit I am proud of myself. There were times when I thought I'd never make it to that point. And I had so much help getting there. I will forever be grateful to those who helped me get there. I still have dreams where I think I am going to fail school because I haven't been to class in three months but, I wake up and realize that I DID graduate and I am no longer in school. Its a strange feeling!

My best friend, Allie and I. 

My "Lucy"! My roommate, Kelsey and I outside our home!

My full family: My dad and mom, my John(fiancé) and his mom and dad!

     So that brings us to now...
             Don't worry, I will spare you the moving details... for now.       :)

xoxo,
     CLB


No comments:

Post a Comment